City Plants hosts fruit tree and shade tree adoption events throughout the City of Los Angeles.
All tree adoption events are listed on our Calendar and our Facebook Page. You can also sign up to receive emails from City Plants and be notified about upcoming tree adoption events.
A Friendly Reminder:
- Proof of residence in the City of LA is required to adopt a tree. Bring:
- an ID/Driver's License with your City of LA address
- a copy of your DWP bill
- Supplies are limited and are distributed on a first come, first served basis while supplies last
- Limit one tree per address at each event.
- For apartment buildings, the limit is five trees per complex and one tree per unit. Trees must be planted in the ground.
Please keep in mind that only tree adoptions listed as “Fruit Tree Adoptions” will have all fruit trees. We host many adoptions that include shade trees or contain only shade trees.
We do not deliver fruit trees to homes. The only way to obtain a fruit tree is to come to an adoption event. Hope to see you there!