Free Trees for Your Yard!
If you live in the City of Los Angeles, you can receive free trees to plant in your yard!
Planting trees in your yard is an easy way to save money and spruce up your garden.
We will supply you with up to seven free shade trees and deliver them to your door, along with stakes, ties, and fertilizer pellets to get your trees started off right!
HOW TO GET YOUR TREES
Step 1: Request Trees from City Plants
Apply on our website.
Step 2: Fill Out The Application Form
- Once we verify that you live in the City of Los Angeles, we will send you a link to an online application form and a list of tree species for you to choose from.
- Fill out the application online and hit the submit button.
- If you are unable to fill out the online application, click here to download the Adobe Acrobat form.
- Return printed applications by:
- Fax: 323-664-9365
- Conventional Mail:
Attn: City Plants Parkway Tree Program
1020 South Fickett Street, Los Angeles, CA 90023
Step 3: Delivery
- Our partner, the LA Conservation Corps, will deliver your trees to your door within six weeks. To save gas – and the planet – we group deliveries by neighborhood, so it may take a few weeks to have enough trees to deliver in your neighborhood.
Step 4: Planting
- Plant your trees immediately to make sure they grow healthy in the ground.
Step 5: Enjoy and Care for Your Tree
- Once your tree is planted, it will need water for the first 2-5 years while it’s roots grow into the ground. A little effort now will pay off big in the future!